FAQs - CITY College, University of York Europe Campus
Κολέγιο CITY College
Main Campus, Thessaloniki, Greece

VISA and residence permit FAQs


1. How do I apply for a student visa?

In general, the documents that will be required from you by the Greek Embassy or Consulate in your country to apply for a student visa are the following:

  • A valid passport or other travel identification documents
  • A certificate issued by CITY College
  • Proof of financial support
  • An official "health certificate", from a health institution in the applicant’s country, declaring that the student does not carry any transmitted (contagious) diseases (translated into Greek and legalised)
  • An official certificate that the applicant has no criminal record (Translated into Greek and notarized)
  • 2-4 passport size pictures
  • Evidence of efficient knowledge of the English Language
  • A completed application form

Upon your acceptance the Department of Student Services will send you specific guidelines and certificates that you can use for the application process. You can contact the department at studentservices@york.citycollege.eu


2. What is the residence permit for studies procedure?

All non-EU students registered at CITY College should apply upon arrival for a student residence permit. During Induction week we will provide you with specific information and  instructions on how to apply for a student visa The student residence permit is issued for one year and it is renewed at least one month before it’s expiry, for as long as the student needs to complete her/his studies.


3. Can I apply for a work permit while I am studying?

EU/EEA students you can stay and work in Greece without a work permit. Non-EU students obtain a residence permit type that allows only access to internship opportunities. Working full-time or part-time is not permitted to international students holders of residence permit type D.4.1.






Accreditation and Recognition by:
Change your Cookies Preferences